The foundation of any successful paid and organic search campaign is comprehensive research and market analysis, and one of the most important activities is the initial competitor analysis. From my own experience, the data and insight gleaned from this activity will greatly aid your business in identifying who its true search competitors are. For SEO, this research can provide valuable insight, which can help your business appear higher in the search engine results pages (SERPS) than its competitors. If your business doesn’t know who is performing better on its targeted keywords, it could be losing revenue or valuable customers.
Define your competition and the strategies that they deploy
Offline competitors are not always your online competitors, especially in the search space. Gaining an understanding of the tactics and strategies they’re using can be extremely powerful, not to replicate but to inform your own strategies. The competitor analysis that I conduct greatly assists with informing SEO strategies and identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Where I can help and what I can provide
- Competitor content and backlink analysis – I can identify which topics and types of content receive the greatest social engagement and inbound links.
- Competitor keyword analysis –Powerful insight into each competitor’s target keywords
- Competitor SEO analysis – A comparison of your domain against your key competitors across key SEO statistics, highlighting areas to improve on.
Organic and Paid Search Market Analysis
Share of Voice (SOV), or SEO visibility, essentially means monitoring the search performance of a web site as it presents the historical development of a domain’s visibility within Google. It has numerous components, but the main ones include:
- Search volume i.e. how often users are searching for a keyword or phrase
- How often and which position i.e. a ranking domain / web site appears
- Whether the ranking keywords are navigational or informational and the statistical value of traffic distribution.
Getting to grips with your domain’s SEO visibility will help your business understand the market environment, identify market trends and digital marketing strategies being used within your given sector.
The market analysis that I conduct, provides your business with the following:
- An understanding of the key organic and paid search players in your space
- Your market share and how you fair against the competition
- Benchmarks your domain’s performance against your key competitors